Stoney Creek Dental Implants
What Does It Feel Like To Have Dental Implants in Stoney Creek?
The dental implant procedure usually takes place under local anesthesia, so you should experience very little discomfort during the procedure. After the surgery, the healing process is often very easy. You can expect some discomfort immediately following the implant placement but the Hamilton periodontist can recommend a pain relieving medication that is right for you.
In the days after you receive your implant, be sure to avoid exposing the surgical site to hard foods or anything that might disturb the recovery. We suggest eating soft foods and drinking lots of water. The healing process thereafter is usually uneventful.
The placement of the tooth on the implant after the 5-month healing period is painless and therefore does not require local anesthesia in most cases.
What we offer
Single Tooth Placement
Multiple Implants to Support a Denture
Dental Implants in Stoney Creek
A beautiful smile not only gives you confidence but can open new doors for you. If you are missing one or more of your teeth, you may be looking for a permanent solution to replace them. Getting Dental Implants in Stoney Creek will recreate the look and feel of your natural teeth so you can smile with confidence at all times.
With this treatment, no one will ever know that you were once missing teeth. Your new teeth will be incredibly comfortable and have the same level of functionality as your natural teeth. By the end of your procedure, you won’t be able to stop smiling!
Why Should You Consider Gateshead Dental?
20 years of experience doing dental implants
Very high success rate
Cash discounts accepted – Contact for more information
In-person laboratory consultation provided to achieve optimal look
Highest quality implant parts utilized
Latest guided technology utilized
Results matter with highly experienced Periodontal surgical component
Now Accepting New Patients
How is a Dental Implant in Hamilton Placed?
Dental Implants are a multi-step procedure that requires the teamwork of both a periodontist and a general dentist. At Gateshead Dental, Dr. Rocci works with a periodontist to ensure the best placement of your implant. Implants can last as long as a regular tooth, if not or longer. They can also fall out if not taken care of. The procedure is as follows:
- First, the former tooth’s root is removed. At this point, there is a 5 month waiting period of the bone to heal and fill in.
- Once the bone is fully healed, a periodontist, specialist, or trained general dentist will drill a hole to replace the root. Next, a titanium post with a metal cap is placed on the newly drilled root. There is then another 5 month waiting period until the bone bonds around the titanium root. If the necessary bone height is inadequate, this is also where the periodontist will add the required height for a successful implant.
- While the new root is healing, the general dentist will fabricate a tooth for the implant in a 2-week long process. First, molds are taken, then they are sent to a lab to be created, and then they are finally sent back to the dentist as a functional replacement tooth.
- This new tooth is eventually placed on the replacement root and is ready to act as a functional tooth in the patient’s mouth.
- In the case of a front tooth needing a dental implant, a denture tooth will be used to prevent the other permanent teeth from closing in the gap.
Patients that are not qualified for dental implants in Hamilton would be some people with diabetes, osteoporosis, or cancer patients being treated with bisphosphonate.
Schedule an Appointment for Stoney Creek Dental Implants
As you can see, this is a multi-step procedure that requires a significant amount of time and teamwork between the dentist and patient. Schedule an appointment today if you are interested in getting Dental Implants in Stoney Creek or want to learn more about the dental services we offer. Dr. Rocci and his staff will be happy to explain the procedures and steps that will take place.
‘Dr. Rocci, Best find in my entire 54 years. Very innovated and up to date with the newest procedures that are explained well. I have had a bite problem for decades. They can fix what I was told couldn’t. My front teeth have many sharp chips from operations. They can fix it when others said no! Staff is amazing! Parking abundant. Keeps me smiling!’Frank